Friday 30 March 2018

2 | Vicki Boutin

Hello everyone!

Today I’m sharing a layout for the Vicki Boutin Design Team, featuring the beautiful iridescent glaze, the cool pack of art crayons, and one of the new Vicki Boutin stencils. I wanted to create a boy themed page this time, so I decided to pull out all of the blue and green patterned papers and embellishments from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and I absolutely love this colour palette! Here’s the layout that I created… 


To create my background, I started by applying the iridescent glaze through the circle stencil using a palette knife. 


I added it to three sections on my background. I knew that I wanted to position my photo on the right hand side of the page, roughly half way down the page, and I wanted the mixed media to create like a sideways ‘T’ shape. 


Now take a look at the magic that happened when I applied the green and blue art crayons over the top of the stencilled background! I love how this turned out! To do this, I simply scribbled the art crayons onto some plastic packaging, added a little water using my waterbrush, and then ‘smooshed’ it onto the background. 


Once my background was completed, I got to work adding lots of layers of patterned paper behind my photo. I distressed the edges of the patterned papers to give them some extra texture, and I also used craft foam between the layers to create lots of dimension! 


I created a cluster of embellishments to the right of the photo by layering together some of the die-cut ephemera pieces from the collection. I decided on using that number ‘2’ as the title for my layout, as the photo was taken at my son’s 2nd birthday party. I also used one of the paperclips that has a cute bird on it, but I cut the paperclip off it and just used it as a die cut. On the top right hand corner of the photo I adhered a little chipboard banner. 


On the left hand side of the photo I added the die cut piece that says ‘Life is Good’. I like how the black embellishments add some nice contrast to the page. Under this, I added one of the cardstock stickers from the collection, and I love how the colours on this sticker coordinate perfectly with the blues and greens that I used on my background. 


To finish the layout off, I added some handwritten journaling, as well as a few of the patterned enamel circles from the Finishing Embellishments pack. 

I hope you’ve enjoyed taking a look at my layout. If you’d like to watch how this layout came together, you can watch my process video over on my YouTube channel… 


Here’s a list of all of the Vicki Boutin products that I used to create this layout… 

Foundations Paper 
Creative FX Glaze - Iridescent 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Stencils 
Watercolor Brushes 
Cardstock Stickers 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames 
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments 
On the Edge Paper Embellishments 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Blossom to Awesome 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Birds of a Feather 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Soul Food 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Good Vibes 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Positive Note 



No comments:

Post a Comment