Sunday 22 April 2018

Sweet Little Moments | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends!

Today I'm sharing another layout featuring some Vicki Boutin mixed media products, the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and a cut file from JustNick Studio! I documented a beautiful photo of my eldest daughter Abigail, taken a few months ago. Here’s my page… 


  I used the lovely ‘Floral Swag’ cut file on this page, and I decided to paint it using the new Vicki Boutin watercolors. I also used the pink art crayon, and applied it with the stencil brush, to add some depth of colour to the middle of the pink flowers. This is an easy way of adding mixed media to your layouts! I love how it turned out! 


Next I wanted to add a little bit of mixed media to my background, so I grabbed a sheet of the Vicki Boutin Foundations paper, and applied a thin coat of gesso to it. (I find that using an old credit card / gift card is a quick and easy way of applying the gesso to the cardstock.) Then I used my art crayons to create a watercolour effect on the background using some plastic packaging and a watercolor brush. I added this mainly to right hand side of the page where I wanted to add my cut file. The key to getting it to look like this is to make sure that you add gesso first, as this allows the watercolour to pool on the page rather than soaking straight in. 


Once my background was dry, I adhered the cut file using foam tape, which gave it some lovely dimension on the page. Then I was ready to add my photo and start embellishing. I tucked a couple of die cuts from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection around the cut file. I love that cute bird die cut! 


I matted my photo with the B-side of the ‘Shine Brightly’ patterned paper, and adhered it to the left of the cut file. For my title, I combined one of the foam word Thickers from the collection, with a watercolor sticker, to create the phrase ‘Sweet Little Moments’. This is a fun way of creating a unique title! 


To finish the embellishing, I fussy cut a couple of butterflies from the ‘Social Butterfly’ patterned paper and added these to the page. 


Thanks so much for joining me today! If you’d like to see how this layout came together, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel… 


Supplies Used: 
Foundations Paper 
Gesso 
Watercolor Set 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Brushes 
Watercolor Brushes 
Stencil Brush Set 
Mister Bottles 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Watercolor Stickers 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Social Butterfly 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Birds of a Feather 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Shine Brightly 


1 comment: